Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Electric Connection

Emmy Lou jumped into my lap this morning while I was reading.

This has happened less than five times since we brought these precious cats into our life. It used to be a daily occurrence.

It's like the last critical component of an electrical connection - when one of them jumps up, I light up like a Christmas tree.

She took a tour of my lap. Crawled up my shoulder onto the back of the recliner. Back into my lap where she did the nose to nose thing. She likes to get right in my face - will actually touch her nose to mine.

Then she checked out my book. I love it when the cats check out my books. It's a time honored tradition originated by Maka and Lakota.

She rubbed her face against it, sniffed it, rubbed it, left wet spots on the cover.

She approved.

I am currently reading Elton John's autobiography.

With Emmy Lou's approval, I feel comfortable reading on.

No comments:

Post a Comment