Saturday, February 5, 2022

Full Disclosure

I did not work yesterday.

I was do in at 2:30. Working the box office until 6:00, then working my first show since I came back.

My boss texted me late morning and asked if I was coming in. I told him I was going out shortly to deal with the snow/ice and I would let him know. He followed that up with a text saying if I could not make it, it would not be a problem.

I came in after shoveling/scraping and told him I would not make it. He said no problem.

My boss at the Capitol Center is a genuine human being - a man of empathy and sensitivity. He cares about people.

He probably had a horribly long day yesterday. There is only one other person who might have come in to work - if he didn't, it means my boss worked the box office alone from 11:30-6:00, then the show from 6:30-9:00.

When I see him tonight he will not complain about it nor bust my balls for not showing. He lives 10 minutes from the theatre and accepts the fact that new england winter weather sucks. So he does what he has to.

I do not regret the prayer I sent Jesus' way. It was justified. I will hold it in reserve until the next snow storm.

Life is strange, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment