Friday, February 18, 2022

Get Used To It

"Everything everywhere is always moving forever. Get used to it."

Logan Roy explaining to his daughter on Succession, telling her that there is no such thing as a line in the sand.

Here's how that hit me.

Life keeps on moving. It's a fucking steamroller. 

I can roll out of bed inspired and spend my entire day pursuing positive things that make my life better.

I can roll out of bed and walk through my day like a fucking robot being obedient and doing things that bore the fucking shit out of me but satisfy my obligations.

It doesn't fucking matter.

Life keeps on moving. It will carry me to the grave whether I make myself happy, or whether I do as society commands, impervious to the impact that has on my psyche.

The key is to break free from the crushing burden of responsibility.

Impossible 99.9% of the time.

The question becomes: Where do I focus my energy? Or do I bother at all?

Floating through life on a cloud of blissful ignorance might be the way to go. No effort. The majority of humans on this planet do that.

Fortified by empty cliches: "It could be worse. I don't have it so bad. One day at a time. Thoughts and prayers." Rationalizations that make a tiny, boring life more palatable (supposedly).

Self actualization is a road made treacherous by land mines. Give it a shot, but beware of setbacks, wrong turns, disappointments and self-delusion.

Everything everywhere is always moving forever. You gotta adapt as you go. Or get rich enough in advance that you can weather any change.

Age compromises adaptability.

You better bank some bucks early on or you will fucking drown in toothless rationalizations.

No comments:

Post a Comment