Tuesday, February 7, 2023

As My Bruins Addiction Deepens (Tangential Information, Random Thoughts)

I have begun watching short programs about The Bruins.

Behind the B. I like that a lot. Cameras in the locker room, the boardroom, on the ice at practice - good stuff. I like anything that gets inside the sport and allows you to see the athletes as human beings.

Denis Leary narrates the show. Perfect - he is a local boy and a hockey fanatic. With personality.

When I listen to him, when I hear his voice, I think "You know exactly what you are getting." His voice immediately conjures up his persona. Which of course led me to wonder "What do people think when they hear my voice?"

There's really nothing to back it up. No singular accomplishment that explains me, no specific course that I followed in life that defines me.

Maybe my voice comes across as ethereal. Like a wisp in the wind. People are looking around thinking"I sense a presence here, but it is not solid; it's nothing I can put my finger on. I think I hear something, more than that, I think I feel something, but I have no word to describe the sensation."

This might explain the blank stares I get whenever I make what I consider to be grand pronouncements.

In any event, 2023 is dedicated to filling in the silhouette. I pity the person I'm talking to when it fully manifests.

People do not take kindly to unexpected and shattering occurrences.

No comments:

Post a Comment