Wednesday, February 1, 2023

January - A Reckoning

I exercised 19 days in January.

That's pretty damn good. A good start. Let me break it down.

The way I see it, I have 6 days a week available to me for exercise. Mondays don't count. On fucking Mondays I gotta roll out of the house by 10:45, which does not give me a lot of time for back squats and long-distance running. Every other day I either have off, or go in late enough to squeeze in some exercise.

I am never going to work out 6 days a week consistently; I am human - I deserve a break. So I consider 5 days a week to be the ultimate goal.

Using that logic, there were 22 days available to me to exercise in January. I used up 19 of them. That's pretty fucking consistent. I feel good about it.

BREAKING NEWS: On January 4th I weighed 198 pounds. Today - February 1st - I weigh 194 pounds.

I lost 4 pounds in January.

That is not huge but it's a damn good start.

My brain being what it is, I'm tempted to say that the first month is always easiest and I'll probably only lose another 1/2 ounce by December BUT.........I am fighting against that thought process in 2023.

All I am going to say is that I put in almost maximum effort in January and it paid off. I am going to put in maximum effort in February and see what it gets me. I did exercise today.

But now I have to get really serious. I accomplished nothing else in January, nothing of any major importance - like escaping this mind-numbing, soul-sucking job and gaining some measure of financial independence, for one.

I got a lot of work to do. A goal for February is to create a satisfying explosion in my life.

But for now I am happy with January results.

It's a damn good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment