Monday, November 13, 2023

Simply, A Great Visit

 My brother and his wife came to visit yesterday; to check out the new place.

What a great visit. And how thrilling it felt to proudly welcome people into our new home. I have not felt that emotion in twenty years.

I vacuumed the whole house (for the third time already and unnecessarily) before they came. Revia lurks.

I enthusiastically gushed, more than once, about how much we love this house and how happy we are. The gushing of course is entirely justified.

However - more than once as well - I lapsed into complaining about how hard the move had been on us; especially the buildup to it. In those moments my brother gently steered me from complaining to gratitude.

No one is more qualified to do that than my brother.

His efforts were not lost on me. I am wide open right now, receptive to change and redemption. I am fiercely committed to transforming my entire life into something new. 

And that starts with me. The core of it all is the remaking of the hazy image of the personality I currently project, into a crystal clear presentation of who I really am. With no negative qualifiers. No limiting weakness.

We shared a special day with Eddie and Carolina yesterday. They made us happy.

It truly was a great visit.

Great for my heart. Great for my soul.






No comments:

Post a Comment