Friday, June 8, 2012

Just Riffin'

I'm just riffin' today. Got nothing to say but an overwhelming desire to say it.
Actually that's not true; I got lots to say, I always have lots to say, but not enough time or focus to put together anything intelligent.
I am not a huge basketball fan, definitely a band wagon cheerleader, but I do enjoy the playoffs. More intensity, mind blowing athleticism. Game 5 was delicious. I dug it from start to finish. Felt like I had watched some real basketball.
Game 6 was painful. I felt like someone had lobotomized me. Numbly staring at the screen as LeBron scowled his way to victory.
Amazing how the game can change. Game 5 was precise and crisp and exciting and a joy to watch even as an unknowledgeable fan. Carol understands basketball way more than me. My goddamn cats understand basketball way more than me. I watch the game and marvel at the skill and say "What happened?" when they call a foul.
But Game 6, the C's looked helpless. I didn't like the feeling. it's rare that one man can dominate a game and win it. Michael Jordan rarely pulled it off. He could score 50 and the Bulls could still lose.
But LeBron pulled it off last night.
I'm hoping the C's come out furious but controlled on Saturday night. I want to see that Garnett fierceness intimidating the TV cameras. I want to see Allen's cool, I want to see Pierce's emotion. I want to see Rondo's amazingness.
I am tempted to make a prediction, but I am superstitious, so I shall root confidently and hope for the best.
It's a beautiful day, still too damn cool, but beautiful anyway. The cats are happily on the porch, I am preparing to exercise and then off to work for the late shift. Squirming through a difficult stretch which will prevent me from watching the Belmont Stakes (I'll Have Another all the way, baby), cause me to miss part of the C's Game 7, includes a 10 hour day on Sunday that will prevent me from seeing the Pocono 400, and ends with goddamn inventory on Monday night.
But at the end of it all I'll cash my fat paycheck, buy myself a Cadillac, and take my lovely wife on a horse drawn carriage ride directly to Paris.
Or something like that.
Dig it folks, there ain't no sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment