Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Mosquito Ruined My Ride

Mosquito buzzing me in my truck on the way to work.
Distracting me, annoying me, harassing me.
Laughing as I cross the rumble strip again, having to jerk the wheel back.
It's a beautiful day, how can one so tiny divert my attention from the sun.
Try to ignore the little bastard, but he buzzes my ears and across my line of sight.
Grab for him one handed and slam my palm on the console.
No dead mosquito.
Back hand him a couple of times, he reconnoiters and comes back.
The windshield does him in.
He explores the possibilities right in front of me and I crush him against the glass.
And cross the rumble strip again.
I am triumphant but ten minutes closer to work.
Ten minutes less of the beauty I need to combat the stupidity of booze consumers.
Goddamn mosquito ruined my ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment