Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Three Days

Got me three days of peace, love and understanding. Just survived six days of gut twisting torture. Blood pressure inflating, heart pounding, back breaking, energy sapping, no reward forthcoming, attitude deflating, pounding my head against the wall futility. Mental and physical stress like no man has ever experienced before. Unless that man works for the New Hampshire State Liquor Commission as a part timer.
But I got three days. Gonna fill myself with knowledge and inspiration. With brio. Gonna chart out a course for the future like an intricately planned chess initiative. Gonna kill frustration and maybe a beer or two. Gonna exercise my brain and body, gonna eat good, spend precious R&R with my lovely wife, gonna grab whatever sun there is and flip the bird at any rain that comes my way.
Gonna meditate and study and ruminate and plant the seeds of escape from this hopeless employment situation I find myself in.
Gonna celebrate flamboyance, get loud and  be proud.
Yeah I have bent but I have not broken. And I see three days ahead giving me an opportunity to revitalize my soul and lay the groundwork for introducing dignity into my life.
Pretty cool deal, wouldn't you say?
Ciao, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment