Friday, August 16, 2013

Sadness

There is no end to the sadness you get to deal with.

I just got home from work and Carol told me about Jerry Remy's son murdering his daughter-in-law while their 4 year old kid was in the house.

Jerry Remy has been battling cancer for years. It went into remission. Recently, it resurfaced.

Jerry Remy is a beloved figure. It hurts me to know of his health problems. When the cancer resurfaced I was really bummed.

Now I know that his son murdered his daughter-in-law.

Sadness is pervasive. It is deep.

You can't get away from it because it just keeps re-inventing itself.

Every time you think you have heard and felt the saddest thing you will ever hear and feel, something else comes along to trump it.

Sadness mutates. It breaks away and re-forms and finds a way to knock you off your feet.

Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment