Monday, August 19, 2013

Taking The Time

Beatles lyrics always come back around. They will always keep coming back around because they are timeless.

Heard "Fixing A Hole" at The Asylum yesterday. The lyric "I'm taking the time for a number of things that weren't important yesterday" jumped out at me.

That's where my head is at right now.

I'm not actually doing it, but I am thinking about it a lot. The concept is establishing prominence in my mind. Soon, it will take hold.

Hopefully.

I am starting to lean on a mantra. Ten good years. All I want from my life is ten good years.

The starting line will be 01/01/14. When I 'turn" sixty.

That is a lot to ask considering the way I have beaten and battered myself, but me thinks it is not overly greedy.

Seventy is not too old these days.

So as this mantra stews in my brain, as it marinates to tender perfection, other thoughts crowd their way in.

Like taking time for things that weren't important yesterday.

Not that they weren't important because they are not important. They weren't important because tunnel vision prevented me from recognizing the healing power of these things.

We'll see.

I have been full of shit before. Many times before.

No promises, no guarantees.

I'm just thinking.

And once again The Beatles have given me a gentle nudge.

No comments:

Post a Comment