Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve 2011/2012

Crawled home tonight. Tough two weeks. Insanity at work  building towards Christmas, insanity building towards New Year's Eve. Been sick for a week now.
Driving home thinking how NYE has a special feel to it. Anticipation. Not about throwing up. Anticipation about a new year. Another chance. I know a lot of people my age don't give a damn about it. Just another day. I feel sorry for them.
Not enough energy to put my thoughts into words.
Until I saw a video my son Craig posted to facebook.
It jolted my heart alive and rejuvenated my soul. It was love. It was two people together in honesty and trust. It was now. It was the future. It was youth and hope and everything that it means to be human.
It filled the hole that was numbing me. It started 2012 off early with sensitivity. Pure, raw emotion.
My family is precious to me. I call myself a writer and I could never adequately express the intensity of my love for them.
When my sons are happy, anyone who means to hurt me can kiss my ass. I am invincible.

No comments:

Post a Comment