Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cruising Into Sunshine

Cruising into work this morning. Back roading a glorious route.
I have been in and out of darkness over the past month or two trying to drag myself up out of the depths of depression and back into 2011 levels of commitment, enthusiasm and belief.
Up and down in and out.
Today was a good day. Drunk as hell no throwing up. Excuse me, that was a meaningless sample of Ice Cube lyrics from 1992. Sometimes I can't help myself.
Today was a good day. I was up and out. My mind was fresh and free.
The early morning angle of the sun illuminates things differently, brings out truths you don't see at noon. I was digging the sunshine on the houses I passed, on the gently swaying trees, the fields. The sky was clear, there were puffy white clouds.
I am a wordsmith. I am musical. But I cannot paint. If I could paint I would have painted this morning. My ride in was serene.
When you remove yourself from worry and pettiness, when you blast yourself out of regret and anticipation, you are suddenly just here.
And everything looks different. Sharper angles, more focus; definitely more beauty.
You should try to do this every six or seven thousand days. It makes you feel alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment