Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I Had To Do It

Obviously I dug Fenway's 100th. It was an emotional affirmation of a unique slice of life.
There is another important 100th birthday this year.
Oreo cookies.
I confess that on Sunday night, after a 37 hour day at The Booze Emporium, I swelled my belly with a macaroni meal my lovely wife had prepared.
AND THEN I reached for the bag of Oreos I bought that very morning. On my way into work I stopped into Shaws to snag a bag of Werther's caramel hard candies. A delightful taste sensation that refreshes my breath sugary sweet so as not to offend the very delicate patrons who buy jugs of disgustingly cheap vodka.
Two steps into Shaws, I came face to face with an Oreo display. It was 8:00 on a Sunday morning. I was helpless.
And so for dessert I ate 37 cookies. That is exaggeration but honestly, if you saw how many Oreos I ate, you would accuse me of having TB. Two bellies.
I thoroughly enjoyed my gluttony and experienced no guilt.
Happy Birthday Oreo.

No comments:

Post a Comment