Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Honest Moments

Honest moments are hard to come by.
You can’t be honest with people who won’t listen to you,
and most people can only hear the voice in their own head.

A voice designed to protect, to justify, to mislead into an
uneasy peace made uncomfortable by truth.
Lovers and spouses, physically intimate, are
spiritually remote because pain, heartbreak
and disappointment stand in the way.
Honest moments with yourself may be the hardest to come by.

I can’t, I never will, I failed, I don’t know, I won’t have, I didn’t try are harsh judgments.

I’m OK, I’m grateful, I’m happy, I’m lucky, it’s not my fault are so much easier to swallow.
It starts with you.

Genuine self-knowledge is a weapon against all other delusion.

Honest moments are hard to come by but worth the effort.



No comments:

Post a Comment