Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tuesday, Bloody Tuesday

Take me down to Asshead City
Where the air is phony and your future ain't pretty
Take Me Home

Took another trip to Asshead City this morning. "Interview" #4 in a never ending series of "interviews".
The Grand Inquisitor is gone now. A victim of his own goddamn creation. (Trivia: what Tom Cruise movie did I steal that line from?) His stand-in comes across as a kindler, gentler man. In fact the entire atmosphere was overrun with sweetness. Apparently The Grand Inquisitor was The Sole Source of All Evil.
Ironically enough, as life goes, I was terrible. Turned in my worst performance yet. The last couple of sessions I was on top of my game. Today I was completely out of it. Long silences, plenty of ahhh's and um's. Complete waste of time.
Me being me, when they asked me the inevitable "Why are you the right person for the job" bullshit, the first words out of my mouth were "This interview was terrible." All three interrogators reacted as if somebody had slapped them. I looked at Pseudo Grand Inquisitor and said "You have seen me in a couple of interviews when I was much better than this." Then I went on to make up all the phony baloney reasons that I am the only candidate on planet earth right for the job.
PGI: "Do you have any questions for us?" Me: "No." And that was it. I walked out.
I blame it on Kansas. I was up until after midnight watching Kansas/Kentucky and the aftermath. I thought they would pull it out, they made it interesting but in the end, mirroring life, the big guys won. I was disappointed.
I might have had a little whiskey last night as well.
So I wasn't in the best of shape this morning.
Turned the day right around, though. Shot up to D'Angelos and got me a #9 Cheesesteak Sub. LARGE. When a sub achieves legendary status you know its magic. It was amusing because it was only around 10:30, but they were open and I got what I wanted. Got home a little after eleven, chowed that monster sub and washed it down with a couple of beers.
And settled in to watch Electra Glide in Blue. Starring Robert Blake. ROBERT BLAKE for Christ sake. A stylized 1973 movie. I dialed it up for amusement but it turned out to be pretty good. Tortured characters, violence in the beginning, middle and end, and a story. I dug it. Really dug it. It suited my mood perfectly. And it is set in Arizona, where I was meant to live.
Little known story. When I was three, my parents drove me out to Arizona, stripped me naked, kicked me out of their moving vehicle into the middle of the desert, and took off. Somehow I made it all the way back to Massachusetts on my own. Why I even wanted to go back there I will never know; I should have stayed in Arizona. But that's a story for another place and time.
After the movie I took a nap. Just woke up.
Know what I'm going to do for the rest of the night?
Gonna run out and buy my sweet baby a pizza and send her off to Bowling Land. Then I'm gonna settle in and watch at least two, maybe even three, more movies.
I checked out today, baby and I like it.
That was, is, and will be my Tuesday.
A day that means nothing. A day that means everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment