Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I'll Take The Written Word Every Time

As I have stressed repeatedly, I much prefer to communicate through the written word than through speech.
When you talk to people, generally they don't listen and they try to one-up you.
I was talking to a guy at The Booze Emporium yesterday about what you do to survive. I went through a brief period in my life where I was working two full time jobs. Two companies literally across the street from one another.
I worked 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at one company, then crossed the street and worked from 4:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. at the other.
So I tell the guy this and he says "Did you have weekends off?" I could see where he was going and I wanted to stab him in the neck with a pen.
I told him I had weekends off. Of course he says "There was a time when I was working seven days a week."
I wanted to grab him by the throat and ask "Were they seven SIXTEEN hour days?"
But I didn't. It would have been a waste of effort. We were not communicating.

No comments:

Post a Comment