Sunday, May 24, 2020

Still, The Yin and Yang Drives Me Crazy

Racing is back but............

Harvick wins the first race back and climbs out of his car to almost total silence. Not one fan in the stands. He's wearing a mask, pit crew wearing masks, other drivers wearing masks, crew chief........you get the picture.

The guy interviewing him is standing six feet away, another guy is holding a long pole with a microphone on it to pick up Harvick's voice.

During the race I could forget about the world, for the most part. After the race it all came back with a vengeance.

For entertainment over the last bunch of weeks we watched the Larry Sanders Show. All six seasons from start to finish. Fucking hilarious. Just wrapped it up last night. Those were the days when a season was 15, 16, 17 episodes; we put a serious investment into that puppy.

I chose to watch it because I quickly realized that I need to laugh. Need to laugh. I brought Carol along for the ride.

We also watched the second season of After Life, starring Ricky Gervais. A deliciously dark series with my kind of twisted humor.

Again, I watch these shows and I fucking laugh. Until we are done for the night. Then MSNBC or some other reality attacks us with death statistics.

Yin and yang. In a heartbeat.

I am desperate to find another comedy to watch. I'm thinking Parks and Recreation or The Office. I love these little half hour episodes that you can squeeze in anytime anyplace. It is a great way to rip your mind away from reality. And to LAUGH.

Last night we started to watch I Know This Much Is True. A miniseries on HBO. Heavy duty drama, the kind of thing I love to get drawn into.

Very intense. We watched the first two episodes last night and had our emotions twisted all over the place. But we were able to forget about life for a while.

Got out of episode 2 and Bam!!!!!!!!!!!, here comes reality again.

Too much, man - too much. You cannot fucking get away from it.

But you gotta keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment