Tuesday, March 2, 2021

And The Definition of Stupidity Is....................

Corporate America.

I work for the City of Concord. Not really a corporation but very corporate-like. The fucking rules, man - the forms that have to be filled out - what is allowed, what is not allowed, the permissions that have to be obtained. 

I have to submit a request form to go to the bathroom - in triplicate, to be reviewed by the Defecation and Urination Board. I am generally ok as long as I don't exceed the time limit allowed for each activity.

We are not allowed to accept food in our office. For health reasons obviously - somebody could be donating a batch of brownies dosed with strychnine. 

Pot would be better. I'd love to get the entire office high and then strap the mentally weak to their chairs, attach electrodes to them and ask "Why do you think Covid-19 is a joke and trump a god?"

If they sleepily say "I don't know, man - can I have another brownie?" - they will go unpunished. If they attempt to defend their beliefs in any way..............zzzzzzzzzzzap! Such fun.

Another justification for the donated food ban involves bribery. Seriously.

The department I work for is primarily involved with enforcing codes. An electrician, a mechanical/plumbing guy, two zoning guys, two building inspectors, a couple of health inspectors - their primary responsibility is to go out every day, visiting construction sites and restaurants - and make sure that what is going on there meets city regulations.

The thought process is, if we accept food it could look like we are accepting bribes.

So here's my story. On Friday, 2/19, a woman came in to pick up permits. She coordinates the sale of Girl Scout cookies and needs a permit for every location they are sold at - you can imagine how many permits are involved.

Anyway..................she gave me a box of Girl Scout cookies. I figured the box was sealed, how dangerous can it be, it ain't no bribe, and I have little respect for rules anyway. I took it.

Put it on the common table in the middle of the office. The big boss asks "What's up with that?" I told him she gave it to me. He asked "You took it willingly?" Me being the wise-ass I am said "No, she actually put a gun to my head." That did not go over well.

I told him if it was a problem to just throw them in the trash.

Went home for my 4 day weekend and returned on Wednesday, 2/24 to the following insanity. Apparently on Monday the big boss had a conversation with the office manager about "what to do with the Girl Scout cookies." They decided they had to be returned. They actually called this woman and told her to come by and pick up the cookies, which they left on my desk.

When I came in on Wednesday they were still there. They will still be there in 2029. This woman is not going to go out of her way just to pick up the fucking cookies.

Can you fucking believe this? They could have just thrown the fucking things out

How does 1 box of Girl Scout cookies (Thin Mints) become an international crisis?

Corporate America, baby.

And the definition of stupidity is...............

No comments:

Post a Comment