Tuesday, March 2, 2021

One Tiny Moment

Caught a clip at the end of a news show last night that validated my existence.

It was about a kid who was born deaf. Months down the road the parents decided on surgery to give their child cochlear implants.

The clip showed the first time he was exposed to music. The first time he ever heard music. He is still a little guy - around 1 year old - can't walk but he was standing next to a bed holding himself up. Apparently they played a music clip from a cartoon show that typically captures his attention.

The parents said "Here we go - we are turning the music on." The little man's eyes went wide - and he started dancing. Bending at the knees, up and down a little bit in absolute delight.

That is the power of music, folks.

I lost it. Clapped my hands, tears rolled down my cheeks.

I have written 237 billion words in here to express my love of music - what it means to me, what it does for me - the absolute religious nature of my relationship with music.

But that moment, that one tiny moment in time, with that little dude - the look in his eyes, his spontaneous dance moves - demonstrated the beauty of music better than I ever could.

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment