Sunday, June 29, 2014

And Speaking Of Parents

And speaking of parents (reference Joe - Give Us A Break), two more disturbing occurrences have bled into my mind, never to escape.

Saw some footage of that idiot mom in court talking about her boyfriend who beat the crap out of her kid and left him brain damaged. I just Googled the topic in an attempt to get more details and NINE different heinous child abuse stories popped up. On just one goddamn page.

I didn't have the heart or the stomach to hit "next."

How sick is our society?

I watched this woman talk about how she allowed this jerk off to beat her kid, saw him do it, and didn't stop him. She kept saying that she blames herself. That it was her fault. She came across to me like she thought she was performing on reality TV. Like she was disconnected from the truth.

The truth that something poisonous inside her short circuited natural motherly love and instincts as she watched her own kid be viciously beaten.

She came across to me like she thought that admitting it was her fault to the cameras should invoke sympathy.

This is the coldest, the lowest that a human being can get.

I stopped watching.

But I could not escape. Because within a week I got caught watching the news again. Always a mistake.

Story of a 22 month old boy who was left in an SUV for 7 hours in Georgia heat. And died.

The father drove to work with his son in the car and left him there in the car seat for 7 hours while he worked.

The boy's mother said she was not angry with the father, saying: "Ross was and is a wonderful father."

In addition there is an online petition urging the District Attorney to drop the murder charge against the father. The petition has 11,000 signatures.

This means not only are these two parents depraved and diseased, there are 11,000 people in this country who believe the father should not be charged as severely as the law will allow.

One more truth: Cooper Harris, the 22 month old child who died, is the 13th child in the U.S this year and the SIXTH in the month of June to die after being left in a car.

I cannot understand, I will never understand how evil human beings can be. How does a person get to the point where parental instincts, the deep love and instinct for protection, are just not there?

It disturbs me to know there are people like this out there. That they are members of the same life form that I am.

Although in reality I don't see it that way. These people are some diseased mutation, some offshoot of humanity that exists in its own world.

What does it take to create that mutation?

What is it about the way we live that can result in that depth of horror?

Human beings scare the hell out of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment