Saturday, June 14, 2014

Cleaning House (Uncovering Inspiration)

Did some more cleaning in my "writing room" today.

Mounds of paper and bullshit that half filled a 30 gallon trash bag.

I also came across countless scraps of paper with notes, thoughts, lines, poems,  and partiality as is my way.

Things pop into my head as good ideas to write about, I scribble them down on every random piece of paper ever invented, and file them away into obscurity.

As verbose as I am, there are hundreds of partial inspirations kicking around this house that I have not acted upon.

I found this one and I like it.

"My life is so superficial, if it were water I could not drown in it."

Don't know when I wrote that; I do know it was a long time ago because it was at the bottom of an immense pile.

It is a great line.

I would like to point out that I no longer feel that way.

As far as the job goes, it is without a doubt a superficial piece of shit.

But the personal life is deep; fulfilling.

There is enough offset there to keep me from slicing my wrists.

No comments:

Post a Comment