Friday, December 31, 2021

Clearing The Decks

I am done with the city job.

I worked Wednesday and Thursday and that was it, baby! And thank Christ for that. Two days of horrific torture. It was like the last days of a prison sentence before being paroled.

That job was like running a marathon with a 25 pound weight strapped to each ankle. Pure torture.

I had no real understanding about how much damage this job did to me. Obviously I had a conscious awareness of the pain, but there was a subconscious suffering that apparently was worse than what Christ went through on the cross.

I kept shaking my head last night and smiling with the awareness that I never have to go back there again. And again this morning. 

But it goes deeper than that. I am literally overwhelmed at how happy I feel. I feel like an entirely different person. Positive. Hopeful. Inspired. I have come back from the dead.

Floated home on a wave of euphoria last night. Imprisoned Carol in a bear hug of happiness. Woke up this morning at 7:15 and decided it would be nice to sleep late. But I couldn't. I was so damn happy and so damn excited about my new life and especially my new perspective that I was vibrating at the speed of gratitude.

So here I am. December 31, 2021, a new man with a fresh opportunity and the right perspective.

I am armed and dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment