Sunday, December 5, 2021

Taking The Plunge

I weighed myself yesterday.

Came in at 194 pounds. 194 pounds on December 4 in the Year of Our Lord 2021. Just to mark it officially.

I can hear you now. "You fat little fuck. 194 pounds? At 5'7"? Are you fucking kidding me? How do you even move? Have another donut, you fat pig."

Sensitive words richly deserved.

However, as you well know, I am nothing if not an optimist. When I lost 10 pounds many months ago, it got me down to 185. I have not weighed myself for the last few months because I could feel myself getting fatter. I did not want to know. But it felt like I gained back 12 or 15 pounds. I felt like a bowling ball on legs. Still do.

But it turns out I "only" gained 9 pounds back. Oddly enough that is reason for optimism. Weight loss does not seem as daunting to me as it would have had I bulked up like Blimpo Man.

So there you have it. I have laid it all out on the line. December 31, 2021 will be the day of reckoning.

I am gonna give it hell and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment