Tuesday, December 28, 2021

I Am Indeed A Minor God

I have been away from work for 11 days (today being Day Eleven).

I exercised on 8 out of those 11 days.

This is not a small miracle. It is a personal accomplishment of seismic proportions. Redolent of single-minded focus and Olympic-level commitment.

A man 40 years my junior could not have accomplished as much.

Of course the health implications are wonderful, but the ultimate goal has been weight loss. And weight loss when enduring hormone therapy is an elusive and daunting challenge.

I actually feel like I gained weight during this period. I will find out on Friday.

I keep coming back to the fact that in the beginning, Dr. Feelgood told me I would feel the weight gain in my belly before I see it on the scale.

I thought this was weird, and immediately dismissed her as an overhyped quack. However she was right. It is hard to explain, but the reality is that I cannot judge weight gain or loss by how I feel. Because "feel" during hormone therapy is not the same as "feel" as a normal human being.

I have kicked ass over the last 11 days. I have dieted as well, with obvious exceptions. No doubt I have added a decade to my life expectancy.

But have I lost weight?

No fucking clue.

If I throw the scale out the fucking window on Friday, you will have your answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment