Sunday, December 19, 2021

I Visit The Blues

 "I drift like a ghost in the darkness, make my move around midnight, I'm ageless like a vampire, and make love like the wolfman in the full moonlight."

Sexual braggadocio. Prevalent in so many genres of music but especially so in The Blues. I love it.

"I ain't looking for no trouble, baby, but if you need some I'm your man, I ain't looking for no trouble, baby, but if you need some I'm your man. I do my drinking with Mr. Lucifer, cancelled my ticket to the promised land."

The element of danger. Invigorating. The whole "I don't give a fuck" attitude. I drink with Mr. Lucifer and cancelled my ticket to the promised land - are you kidding me? Deep down though, admit it - it does give you a little thrill to imagine yourself being that ballsy.

From "I Visit The Blues", by Little Steven and the Disciples of Soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment