Tuesday, July 29, 2014

10 Good Years Revisited

Recently I wrote about the 10 good years of my life from 1960-1969.

In 1960 I was 6 years old. In 1969 I was fifteen.

I guess you could call those formative years.

Those were turbulent and interesting years, the likes of which we will never see again, thanks to the dumbing down of America and the strangle hold that HUGE corporations and the wealthy exert on our lives.

I got hit with all kinds of stimuli during that decade, the most enduring of which was music.

A decade that made an impression.

Fast forward to 2014. The year I turned sixty. Everything else is a blur. I am looking for 10 more good years. The ten most important years of my life.

I have talked about this before so I won't burden you now. It's just that it hit me as I was writing about the impact of the sixties that I am now staring down another decade.

One of the last.

The sixties had an impact on me.

I am obsessed with making an impact on the years 2014-2023 so that when I turn 70 on January 1, 2024, I will be able to smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment