Sunday, July 13, 2014

A Concentration Of Stupidity

My neighbors are morons, they have always been morons, they will always be morons.

It is the irony of my life that we moved out to the country in 1986 for some peace, which we have experienced in large measure, except for the idiot neighbors who live 6 inches away.

The other houses in the neighborhood are spaced out comfortably. Unfortunately my neighbors house sits behind our house in exceptionally close proximity.

They have been noisy and inconsiderate since the day we met them. I remember they invited us over for a drink early on and as we sat in their yard we got that unmistakable radar sense that we could never connect with these people.

I think the drink was an attempt at détente; they used to live just down the road and when they bought this house all the neighbors said to us "Good luck."

At that time their kids were young, our kids were young. My memory is foggy but I think the parents were loud in party and entertainment.

Inconsiderate.

My memory is crystal clear regarding their children. When they were old enough they had LOUD parties well into the morning when mom and pop were away. Caused a great deal of friction between us.

Also this is the kind of family, as the kids were growing up, that felt it makes perfect sense to have the kids running up and down the driveway on four wheelers and snowmobiles.

Up and down, back and forth.

In other words - constant noise.

The kids have been gone a while now and truthfully we have been enjoying much more peace.

Mom and pop still live there, the daughter lives there with her kids, others live there as well. I don't know who.

I sat down a short while ago and listened to some guy over there yelling at his dog. "Come here. Come here now. Don't do that. I said don't do that. Don't be a bad dog. Get over here now. Right now."

It occurred to me there is a concentration of stupidity in that house. As if, no matter who lives there, ever, they will be stupid and obnoxious.

I think if an intelligent couple ever came to look at the house for sale they would be repelled just walking in the door. Like walking into a wall of overwhelming stench.

Stupid people would be at home immediately. Especially if they fly an American flag from the back of their over sized and over priced pickup truck, and drink Natty Light.

This idiot does not train his dog and then gets mad when it won't listen.

This is also how the kids were raised over there.

Mom and pop put down roots of stupidity that took hold. Deeply and irrevocably.

A tradition that was proudly passed on to their offspring and has now infected every tenant of the place whether related or not.

The truly frightening thing is that this type of mentality spreads like weeds.

This is why reality shows dominate the airwaves.

This stuff spreads, because these people procreate like rabbits and because it is easier to be stupid than to be intelligent.

(Editor's note: I fear some of this low brain function disease has seeped into our well water. The fact that I have spent years in here and decades of my life whining about my unhappiness without doing anything about it, does not bring judgment of me down on the side of intelligence.)

That's about it for now. Except that somebody next door has a loud machine running that I cannot even identify. The sound is not immediately classifiable.

Faint stirrings of poisonous hatred threaten to ruin my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment