Thursday, July 10, 2014

I Lied

Told you I met July 1 head on and with a calm demeanor.

Actually, on that day it was true.

Since then.............................I see the date everywhere I look. Counting, counting, counting.

Today is July 10. July 10. July 10.

Even given all the cool things we have done since the weather pretended to be and occasionally is accommodating, I feel squeezed. Feel like time is running out.

Even though I have lots of cool stuff lined up in my crippled brain, even though I have not given up at all, still, I am feeling squeezed.

January 1, 2014 did me in. In good ways, in bad ways.

60.

Spurred me to action. Actions I have taken, actions that brought me great joy in the company of my amazing wife, my sons, their women and my brother.

And there will be more now that I know that to make things happen you gotta expend some effort.

60 also made the ticking of the clock deafening. It has always been that way with me, but now it is so bad that if a nuclear device were detonated next to my recliner as I gobbled up the drivel on the NFL network..............I would not hear it.

Just the clock. TICK.TICK.TICK.

I won't jump out any windows. Because it has been a good year on a personal level. And will continue to be so.

It is a good feeling when the soul gets nourished. Beyond self-love, the best way to feed a soul is by spending time with the people you love in a no judgement zone. Doing fun stuff. Smiling. Laughing. Just talking. Talking for real. No bullshit.

I am so incredibly lucky to have the family that I have. These people are real. They are diverse, intelligent, positive, warm and loving.

How did this happen? Out of the 7 billion on this planet, how did I become related to this bunch?

Who the hell cares. It is magnificent.

I have a lot to look forward to and I am going to make it happen as much as possible.

But maybe I should speed things up.

Double headers, maybe triple headers digging the Fishercats.

Maybe I should give up sleep completely.

I am working on it.

You know I will keep you posted.

Ciao, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment