Friday, July 15, 2022

Today - Part 1 - HALLELUJAH

Euphoria.

I am filled with euphoria today. Can't explain it. Except to say that the wheels have been set into motion.

Went to bed last night sans (it's French) consuming any whiskey. Fell asleep. This has happened a couple of times in the last few nights, which is an explosive development in my life.

I have spent decades medicating myself to sleep, because if I didn't I would lie awake for hours. Most of the whiskey I consumed was consumed shortly before going to bed. About an hour or an hour and a half before I planned on going to bed, it was go time. I would get myself to the point where I knew I could not lay awake in bed, drag myself upstairs and drop off into a peacefully tortured sleep.

This is why it is mind-blowing for me to fall asleep on my own. And gratifying. Because I never wanted to use whiskey as a sleep inducing sledgehammer.

Here's the strange thing about last night/this morning. I went to bed at 11:15 but woke up at 4:00 to go to the bathroom. Went back to bed and slept until 8:00. But I feel like shit. Like I barely slept. Apparently it was not quality sleep.

Still, I crawled out of bed feeling confident. Positive. Euphoric. Where the fuck is this coming from?

My body and my mind know when I am doing the right things. Right now, and all of a sudden, I am doing the right things. Exercising as much as my bloated body will allow. Feeding my brain again. I am finally moving forward in 2022. I am an unstoppable force.

I love this feeling the most because it does not spring from any thought process. I mean, I just crawled out of bed, I was not close to being awake and I felt good? A feeling like this springs naturally from the heart, and from the soul. And that means everything.

Gotta work today. 2:30 to 8:00. I doubt I will be able to use this euphoria to slay that dragon. But it is 10:00 right now. I leave the house at 1:45. Between now and then I can treat my body and mind with respect. Feed them with goodness.

Whatever happens at work happens at work. And god help the customers - I am working a show tonight from 6:00 to 8:00. If any one of them spits poison into my euphoria they will pay a very heavy price.

Dave Grohl is feeding my euphoria. I grabbed a cup of coffee and sat down with his autobiography.

My emotions ramped up exponentially. To the point of tears, off and on. His words tapped right into where I am at today, with an intensity that would blow the top off the head of any mortal man.

But not me.

Let me tell you why I love Dave Grohl..................................

No comments:

Post a Comment