Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Birthday, Baby

I met you in 1972.
You married me in 1978.
You are still with me in 2011.
You must be insane.
Through 33 years, the lows have been lower
than we ever expected.
The highs not as high as we would have liked.
Except Keith and Craig. They were and are the
ultimate high, and they will never be topped.
That's the way it's supposed to be.
And they would never be as cool as they are
without you as a mother.
The ultimate compliment.
You worry about being 58; I love you now
more than ever, with a love that has been forged
through the fire of survival and is stronger for that.
You are sensitive, unselfish, loving, positive,
talented, intelligent, hard working, natural, strong,
beautiful on the inside, beautiful on the outside,
and straight ahead honest.
You live by your convictions.
We, your family, are lucky to have you and we
know it. I am the luckiest of all.
The strength and beauty of your spirit are inspired
by your ability to just be you. No pretensions.
I love you. I am grateful that you love me.
Happy Birthday, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment