Thursday, November 10, 2011

More Booze Emporium Observations

I hate this. I say "How you doing?" The customer says "I'm fine. How are you?" I reply "I'm doing all right." The victim replies "Atta boy." ATTA BOY? I am 57 years old. The phrase atta boy has not applied to me since I was seven. I don't care if the customer is 93, the phrase is still unacceptable. I feel like saying "Here's your change, Little Johnny."

The people who come in with their precious wine bags. I don't have a problem with the bags, its probably a good idea. Anything to try to keep this planet alive. But if you are going to use them, load them up yourself. I hate putting the bottles in them because they flop around, fall over, and slow me down. And you always get the optimist who wants you to cram the 1.5 liter bottles into a 750 ml hole. Do me a favor, save my sanity while you save the planet. Bag your own damn booze.

No comments:

Post a Comment