Thursday, November 10, 2011

President Randall P. McMurphy

Sorry about yesterday's lecture. That was pretty dry. Occupy Wall Street had caught my attention and I wanted to write about it so I did some research. But when I do research it can kill spontaneity. I'm better when I'm flying with emotion. However I dig the movement and hope it develops some teeth. And hopefully you learned something and your life has been changed. (My god, Joe is a pompous ass).
Watched the 114th republican debate last night. Supreme entertainment. These people are consummate fools. Gingrich is an arrogant bully, Romney is wimpy and conviction-less, Bachmann has the Juju eyes, Perry is a drunken, racist, good ole boy, Santorum looks like a whiny teenager, Huntsman doesn't even exist, Cain is an arrogant sleezeball, Paul has no pizazz and no chance (although he's kind of like-able because he is not a polished liar, I mean, politician).
I think the republican party would do better if they scoured insane asylums for candidates. Do insane asylums even exist anymore? I like the old school approach, the ones with straight jackets and electro-shock therapy and torture and lobotomies. Today's asylums are probably country clubs. Although as I think about this, the modern approach is probably better for me because there is an excellent chance I will end up in one. I don't get life at all, or more specifically the world we live in, and the harder I fight against it, the better the odds that I end up drooling in a corner somewhere. I prefer to do my drooling in front of a lake rather than in a straight jacket.
Imagine the cast of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest televised in a republican debate. There would be more substance to the discussion and it would be more entertaining. Win win.
Can't you just picture Martini, Cheswick, Taber, McMurphy, Chief Bromden, Fredrickson, Harding and Billy lined up behind those podiums? McMurphy would be saying stuff like "Which one of you nuts has got any guts?"  Nurse Ratched would be the moderator and she would ask Billy about his stand on abortion. When he says he's in favor of it she would reply "You know Billy, what worries me is how your mother is going to take this." He would begin stuttering uncontrollably and cry silently behind his podium. The conservative audience would boo him and throw rocks at him for being weak and emotional.
When she asks McMurphy about accusations of sexual harassment he would say "They was giving me ten thousand watts a day, you know and I'm hot to trot. The next woman takes me on's gonna light up like a pinball machine and pay off in silver dollars." Chief Bromden would avoid answering anything all night (the ultimate politician) until the very end when he would pull out a piece of gum and say "Mmm, juicy fruit."
Martini would keep saying "Hit me. Hit me."
It would be complete chaos but it would be real and it would give conservatives exactly what they deserve; a bunch of loonies running wild.
It really is frightening to see the low quality of the candidates our political system spits out. What scares me is that we have a brilliant man in the White House, but because of his lack of political skills, his lack of balls and the juvenile insistence of the republicans to block him at every turn at the expense of the welfare of this country, we might be missing a moment. The ultimate moment.
Given a second term I believe President Obama will kick some ass. If he is defeated the inmates will be running the asylum.
And President McMurphy will be justified in asking "Who's the head bull-goose loony around here?"

No comments:

Post a Comment