Thursday, May 24, 2012

Hit Somebody! (The Hockey Song)

I have never used this blog to deliver a direct message to specific individuals. (At least I don't think so - I have written so many words that I cannot grasp the enormity of what dribbles out of my brain).

There are five main characters in the store I work in. THREE of them are avid hockey fans.
I have never run into this before. Hockey is not huge on the popularity scale compared to the other three major sports. I dig it but not as an expert; I dig the sport for it's similarity to football - skill and grace combined with brutal violence.
I have run into plenty of hockey fans but never in an environment where they are the majority.
It freshens my perspective.

So, to SteveEricBob -

Go to the web, YouTube, your cell phone, smart phone,  the record store, the local sheet music purveyor - grab a hold of and familiarize yourself with:

Hit Somebody! (The Hockey Song) by Warren Zevon. You will love it.

It's typical Zevon; satirical, hilarious and just plain tasty. AND it features David Letterman in the chorus repeatedly yelling Hit Somebody. Are you aware of any other song on the planet earth that features David Letterman? This is an amazing bonus.

Actually it's a waste of ink to include Eric in my plea. He is off the grid. No cellphone, computer illiterate, and generally cut off from all forms of communication other than the 13" black and white TV in the kitchen.
Perhaps SteveBob can include him in.

Anyone else who is interested, feel free. Zevon is another guy I dig. However if you have no sense of humor don't bother; just tune back in to Fox TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment