Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Too Damn Many T-Shirts, Man

Got me a lot of T-shirts, man. Two drawers full of my armoir spilling over into a third, maybe a fourth. I purge them every great once in a while but they procreate. I cannot keep up.
A T-shirt collection can tell you a lot about a person.
PBR. Sarge's Tailgate Grille. Courtesy of my amazing, oh so real, brother-in-law. A very cool guy. Go to his and Cori's restaurant (the afore mentioned grille). Eat there. Party there. Laugh there. Dig racing there. You will absolutely love the place.
The Allman Brothers Band. Lots of them. If anything ever happens to Gregg, if they ever god forbid disband, I will curl up in a dark corner with the iPod on an endless loop.
A Duane Allman T-shirt that I cherish.
The Stones classic tongue shirt. B.B. King. Bob Dylan.
An autographed Luther Guitar Jr. Johnson shirt. (For my 50th birthday courtesy of my lovely wife). An autographed Buddy Guy shirt (courtesy of my magnificent brother).
PATS basic team shirt and division and conference championships and a couple of Super Bowls. Red Sox '04 but not '07 and a bright red team shirt. Bruins. Beautiful, baby. Paw Sox longest game in history. But no C's. What's up with that? What's wrong with me?
A New Orleans shirt. My city even though I have not been there. Yet.
Susquehanna University. Keene State University. Two shirts that cost me over $100,000, worn with bursting I love my sons pride.
Zwack. I'm HUGE in Hungary.
F*** You You F***in' F***, and F*** All Y'All.
Two Harvick shirts. A cheapie and a beauty. To ward off the evil Jimmie Johnson vibe. That is an awfully feminine way to spell Jimmie.
The Ed and Joe Show. An annual piece of my history fueled by balls to the wall insanity.
The Grim Reaper.
H&H Restaurant. Vittles by Mama Louise and Mama Hill.
Assorted Rynborn shirts. Greatest blues club in the history of the world, whose demise I still mourn. Drunkenly pissed off Carol many times in that place. Also experienced exquisite music in that place every single time.
President Obama. 'Nuff said.
Hunter S. Thompson.
NHIS before it became NMS.
Jagermeister, Bacardi, Guinness, Ketel One, Pinnacle and multiple Crown Royal. CR is the only one I care about.
The Wanta spring and summer collection.
I didn't bother to go into the hamper. There are more in there. So I apologize to any of my T-shirts who feel slighted.
Strangely enough as I wrote this I got the urge to buy more T-shirts rather than get rid of any.
Leonard Cohen. The Beatles. The Doors. Southside Johnny. Springsteen. Had a Beatles shirt, had a Doors shirt but they are gone now. They must be replaced.
Need Bukowski.

Take a close look at your T-shirt drawer. You'll get to know yourself better.

No comments:

Post a Comment