Monday, November 12, 2012

A New Day Dawns

A new day dawns.
Monday morning. November 12, 2012. 6:34 a.m.
Got my cute purple shirt on and my name tag in my pocket. My grade school lunch packed and ready. I wonder why I feel like a six year old.
This is probably not what Tony and Revia envisioned for their first born son.
Not excited. Today will bore me. Offer me nothing. Take from me everything.

I will live in my mind. I will live in my hope.
That is what has grown stronger as my body and my opportunities grow weaker.
That is the spark, the tiny flame giving off almost imperceptible heat.

It is November. A good month, even with the cold.
Thanksgiving is the supreme holiday in my opinion and one my family does well. No presents, no chaos, no obligations other than to get together and eat and talk and laugh and watch football and celebrate the love this family has become.
My wife's birthday in November. Special, beautiful lady.
The only present I can afford to give her is the hope that next year I can give her something nice.
The same present I have given her for thirty four years running.

It's Monday morning and here I go again. Here you go again. Here we all go again.
I will bluff my way through the day along with my bluffing co-workers and come home to hope. See what I can do tonight to alter fate. To nudge it, re-direct it, change my future.
Make my future.
A new day dawns and possibilities await.
Not even a cute purple shirt and a name tag and a school boy lunch can kill that vibe.

No comments:

Post a Comment