Wednesday, November 14, 2012

In The Interests Of Fairness

I just read the House Committee Report on the New Hampshire Liquor Commission. All 36 pages of it. I must be insane.

Turns out part timers pay was brought up in the investigation.
Committee members were provided a copy of a memo that the Human Resources manger wrote to all commission employees (I have read it) which said the commission was not going to follow the requirements of the collective bargaining agreement for paying part time employees on Sundays and holidays because they are considered temporary employees.

Don't these idiots know who won the election? Is this even legal?

The issue was not resolved. New Hampshire State Liquor Commissioners were asked to report back to the committee on this issue before the end of October.
THEY DID NOT.

As I read through this mountain of words it struck me how defiant the liquor commission is, refusing repeatedly to supply information and answer questions. They should be incarcerated.

During the internal investigation into the $100,000 of missing wine, the chief investigator noted a "disturbing common thread" relative to liquor store operations:
Poor store management, lack of senior level accountability, inadequate supervision, and retention of questionable employees.

I can personally testify to the truth of all four of these issues.

OK. I am done with this crap for today. This reminds me of the end of Lenny Bruce's career when he would read court transcripts as his act. They were harassing him so badly, repeatedly arresting him and shutting down his shows, that he would read the transcripts to highlight the hypocrisy and injustice. He tried to make it funny but it ended up being sad.

I don't want my revulsion of the NHSLC to end up as 3,563 entries in my blog.

I need to write some poetry.

Ciao, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment