Friday, September 20, 2013

Dig This (Two A's?)

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. Not to dare is to lose oneself."

Kierkegaard

The more I read this guy's quotes, the more I want to dig into him. I like his perspective.

Besides, on Northern Exposure Chris Stevens used to quote him all the time. That's a good enough authority for me.

I need to get back to flexing the brain again. Did it for a while and it felt good. Really muscled it up.

Then I got away from it. This job is so far all over the map sccedule-wise that I am more like a ping pong ball than a human being.

Every time I try to establish a discipline, I get knocked sideways into the nearest parallel dimension and then I spend months trying to find my way home.

How bizarre, how bizarre.

I like my brain. I like it's capabilities. When I actually use it, a sense of satisfaction prevails.

Learning is good on it's own merits. It's good to cram your skull with information.

In my case I have a storage problem. There are so many song lyrics in my head that sometimes the basic operations of my body get overlooked.

My heart will stop beating as my brain attempts to dig out a lost lyric from "Within You Without You" by The Beatles. The brain begins to gloat when it successfully emerges from the archives, only to temporarily panic when it realizes it has forgotten to monitor my heartbeat.

In the nick of time..................................and I am back in black.

Learning is good also because it stimulates thought. The more info your brain has to sift through, the more opportunities for insight. The more opportunities for new thought directions.

Thinking about soaking up some Kierkegaard. It's probably a good sign that I can now spell his name without looking it up.

I'll leave you with this.

"Our life always expresses the result of our dominant thoughts." Kierkegaard

That spooked me a little. Maybe I should get off this decomposing cadaver thing.

Ciao, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment