Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pretty Jazzed

I'm feeling pretty jazzed today. So I turn to music.

When don't I turn to music?

All That You Can't Leave behind - U2 - is one of the most inspirational albums I own.

Just listened to Beautiful Day. The song makes me want to run out of the house and look into the sun as I turn in circles on the lawn chanting "I am alive. I am alive."

"It's a beautiful day, sky falls, you feel like it's a beautiful day, don't let it get away."

There's a line in there - "what you don't know, you can feel it somehow." That is where I am at. My tiny pea brain is struggling to understand, but it doesn't know. But I am feeling what I know. It is bubbling to the surface.

It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away.

Just listened to Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of.

"And you are such a fool to worry like you do, I know it's tough and you can never get enough of what you don't really need."

The first part of that is Carol talking to me. I love my beautiful wife. The second part of that is me abusing myself, physically and mentally.

"You've got to get yourself together, you've got stuck in a moment and you can't get out of it, oh love look at you now, you've got yourself stuck in a moment and you can't get out of it."

Says it all, baby.

Just listened to Walk On.

"You're packing a suitcase for a place where none of us has been, a place that has to be believed to be seen."

I have always loved that line. But it startled me with clarity this morning.

I have never believed I could be happy. So I could never see it.

I am starting to believe.

Guess which album I will be listening to this morning in The Big Ride?

1 comment:

  1. It's about time you came over to my side....it is a beautiful day!!

    ReplyDelete