Sunday, April 10, 2022

Inconveniences (and Other Details)

Can't drive until at least 4/20. (By the way, the significance of that date is not lost on me).

My right knee is the assaulted one, so driving would be a bit dodgy. 

You shoulda seen this thing - I had a compression wrap (ace bandage) wrapped from my ankle up to my thigh, with the knee area particularly thick with layer upon layer of gauze and ace. Unwrapped it all on Sunday, slapped a couple of bandaids on the surgical incisions and I'm good to go until the follow-up appointment. Haven't showered yet - not feeling confident on that leg. No social engagements in my immediate future.

I can't drive because apparently the area will remain sensitive and there is some question as to reflexes in this situation.

Work & Driving. When I go back to work, Carol will have to drive me in and pick me up. I am tempted to put off my return until after 4/20, then maybe I will not need a chauffeur. Besides I don't want to go back at all, as previously documented.

Right now I told my boss I will be in on Wednesday. I believe that is highly unlikely. Knee still hurts. That decision will be made factoring in my physical condition as well as my mental state. Touchy situation, touchy decision.

If Carol is called upon to be my personal chauffeur it will be a pain in the ass for her - a one hour round trip each time. But I don't feel bad for her - this is the yin and yang of getting old as a couple. You trade off diseases and the inconvenience of adjustment and accomodation.

The crutches are doing me a world of good though. I thought maybe I'd need them through Monday or Tuesday, then hopefully not after. I am basing this on the level of pain I feel right now when I do put weight on the knee. But I got the after-surgery call this morning. I described the pain I am feeling and what I am doing; I was told I could be on crutches for a week - maybe more.

Not happy about that. 

She was surprised I haven't taken any Oxycodone; I consider that a good sign - the pain is ever-present but not overwhelming. Apparently they were expecting the pain to be more heavy-duty.

I am not happy with the post-surgery communication. Don't use crutches, use crutches, maybe 2 or 3 days, maybe 10 days. Did I hurt myself or set myself back by walking around without them for a day and a half?

Who the fuck knows.

I peppered her with questions this morning, really nailed her to the cross like any good Roman soldier would do. I need to know exactly what to expect, and that is obviously not going to happen unless I interrogate these feckless individuals relentlessly.

If I don't feel like I am making progress in a day or two, they will be hearing from me.

(Editor's Note: Ignore the date of publication on these posts. I write a lot of shit all at once and then post as needed - I am prolific and talented. The post date used to be the actual date I posted. Now the fucking blog uses the date I write the post, no matter when I post it. Today's post was written partially on Sunday, partially on Monday. References could be confusing).

No comments:

Post a Comment