Monday, April 25, 2022

The Ultimate Quote

I am reading It Never Ends: A Memoir with Nice Memories by Tom Scharpling.

I came across THE perfect quote for my life, bar none.

At one point in his career Scharpling was a sports writer covering the NBA. He loved the job. Free tickets to games, free food, great seats, access to the players for interviews.

He was covering a game that was tied after four quarters. Before OT began he visited the men's room, where he ran into an old vet of a sportswriter. The guy disgustingly said to Tom something like "Fucking overtime, do you believe this shit?" The guy was not happy about having to stick around.

As Tom describes it, the old pro said it "like we were workers at a urine tasting factory being summoned back to our posts for an extra shift."

BOOM! That's exactly how I have felt about every job I have ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment