Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Tranquility (in small doses)

I was lying in bed this morning, my brain rocking and reeling with the dilemma I find myself in.

Wrestling with circumstance, searching for solutions.

I was really distracted, feeling tense, listening to the clock loudly tick away the precious seconds remaining in what's left of my life.

Suddenly I heard the birds chirping. Such a beautiful and soothing sound. They were chirping all along, but the worry in my head drowned them out. Through persistence, they broke through my angst-filled reverie.

It started to rain. Lightly.

We have a metal roof over the screened-in porch just below our bedroom window. The rain makes a calming sound as it bounces off.

Both cats were on the bed. Carol was next to me.

I was temporarily tranquil.

It occurred to me that Life is like Waterboarding.

You live for the moments the rag is removed from your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment