Saturday, April 30, 2022

Fuck Them

I have decided to hate young people.

It's justified, don't you think? Why do they get to be young while I get to be old?

They are running around having fun, they have this thing called a future; my future is the grave and only the grave.

Every time I leave the house now, Carol hands me a shovel and says "Start digging, motherfucker." She's supposed to be on my side! I don't trust her anymore.

I didn't ask to be old. I was never stuck on being young. I'd settle for 40. If I could have been freeze-dried at the age of 40 I'd be perfectly happy. But I wasn't. I'm 68. And counting.

Worked a show last night. Actually I worked an 11 hour day. Not smart. Major reversal in the knee. Up until last night I had been walking around the house 100% of the time without crutches. Icing it up 3 times a day. Couldn't do that yesterday.

By the time I got home it was killling me. It still hurts today. I'm back on crutches, babying it as much as possible because - I have to work again tonight. 

And I'm fucked up physically because I stayed up past 2 am. You don't think I'm going to get home from work at 11 pm and go right to bed, do you? Might have been some whiskey involved as well.

This is old man stuff. None of the youngsters I saw last night - not many, it was definitely an old person show - none of them were limping or swinging on crutches or had one fucking care in the world. None of them were worried about getting a good night's sleep. I have to hate them. I have no other option.

Not looking forward to tonight's show. It will be a younger crowd, a rowdier crowd, a pain in my fucking ass crowd.

This is ironic coming from a lifelong drinker, but drinking crowds are a royal pain in the ass. There is always some asshole with some kind of complaint or problem, and they all think they are Bill Burr. Compelled to make wise-ass comments as they walk back and forth in front of the box office when they step outside to fire up a cigarette or a joint or to sneak a nip or two.

Fuck them. I'll be ready for them. Gonna take a nap today, ice up the knee at least twice - hopefully 3 times, baby the knee on crutches all day long.

You know, just an old man doing old man stuff.

Did I say Fuck Them?

No comments:

Post a Comment