Thursday, June 16, 2022

Paris vs London

I have adopted the habit of watching the Tennis channel in the morning as I eat my wheaties.

There is always a tournament going on somewhere. Today they were flicking back and forth between London and Berlin.

Know how you know you are doing the right thing? When you get a peaceful feeling in your gut.

That's how watching tennis makes me feel.

Big difference between an audience in Paris and one in London. I got a solid taste of Paris while watching the French Open. Fell in love with Roland-Garros. That is the next t-shirt I will buy.

Parisians are elegant, they dress well, they exude an air of confidence (perhaps condescension), they are skinny. Londoners are frumpy. I saw some women in frumpy house dresses. The men have guts. They don't smile. They have that stiff upper lip thing going on. Their faces are stern. Parisians' faces look they are anticipating their next glass of designer wine.

Parisians look like they are enjoying themselves. Londoners look like they are concerned that they are missing work.

At first I thought it was in my head. I am into exotic lately. Paris is exotic. London is not. Perhaps I am biased.

So I focused on the crowd shots, I did my homework, I put the work in - and I am right.

There is a difference.

Happy to visit both places.

But I'd rather spend time in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment