Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Head Space

I'm inhabiting a bad head space at the moment.
Demons are running wild in my brain and they are trampling positivity and creativity and receptivity and objectivity.
Draining energy and focus. Thwarting forward movement, rooting me in a present that is not mine, a present that crushes me and sucks oxygen out of my lungs.
Demons who sow wild thoughts of despair even as I trivially caught a glimpse of some kind of future, some future in a parallel universe which is actually my real life.
The demons dance and hope sleeps through the noise.
The ladder is still outside the window, dirty dishes procreate in the sink and the cats won't stop befouling the kitty litter box.
Time has jumped to warp speed at the precise moment I need to slow it down and conceive believe and achieve.
It's all slipping through my fingers.
Don't worry. I'll be all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment