Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sunday Morning Monday Morning

Sunday morning Monday morning. Yin and Yang.
From a retail employees perspective. Rarely getting a Sat and Sun off so the contrast between Sun and Mon is more dramatic.
Tomorrow will be slow moving, peaceful, football, racing, coffee/book/Carol/cats/damn good eating. Monday will be the jolt.
It is a useful dynamic.
A chunk of Sunday will be spent plotting and planning and dreaming and wondering and trying. You gotta use your "free" time in a rewarding fashion. As I wrote that I amused myself with the free thing because that "free" time is bought and paid for with a workweek of sweat and sacrifice.
But that is part of the equation. To try to equalize the whole deal. Ideally you want to get yourself to a place where your free time is truly your free time. But only a tiny fraction of the populace ever achieves that.
The scales are horrifically tipped in favor of the sweat and sacrifice. You need to find ways to humanize your life and fight back.
An endless cycle of Sunday morning Monday morning. A learning cycle.
Some Sundays are wasted, some are fruitful, some are pure rest and escape, some are destructive.
I find when I spend a negative Sunday, the memory haunts my week and tips the scales even further in favor of those who would repress.
When I spend a Sunday expressing and refreshing my soul it carries me through the week. With a smile, secretive in my soul, sometimes openly on the face. As I am assaulted with agendas and meaningless toil, the smile is there to remind me that I am me. I am not this. I am not that. I am not what you try to make of me.
I have done something you cannot understand. Something I don't give a damn caring whether you understand or not.
If Sunday is fruitful it motivates me to squeeze more out of dreaded weekdays. It feeds on itself and gives me strength to shield myself from manipulation, lies and trivialities.
Sunday Monday, baby.
A one two punch.
I'm set up nicely for a powerful good Sunday this week. Because the week was a waste and I have been hipped to that by The Vibe.
The vibe that doesn't give up on me and keeps pulling me back in.
I don't know from whence it emanates but I am grateful it is there.
Ciao, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment