Sunday, September 2, 2012

Selfish Pride

In this latest issue of Time magazine there is coverage of President Barack Obama's re-election campaign.
As I flipped through the pictures I realized they were all of his stop in New Hampshire.
This one of Rochester. I wasn't in Rochester.
That one in Rochester. I wasn't in Rochester.
Another one from Rochester. I wasn't THERE in Rochester.
One last photo.
A picture of a woman hugging the President "before a rally at New Hampshire's Windham High School."
YEAH, baby. That's where we were. That's where Carol and I experienced President Barack Obama up close and personal.
I got goosebumps looking at that picture.
I have goosebumps writing about looking at that picture.
Because we were a part of it. Because there is a picture of it immortalizing the stop in Time magazine. Which we don't need for validation because Carol took fifty amazing pictures at the event that sit in the brain of our computer to be savored at will.
But there is something cool about seeing that glossy picture in the pages of this respected magazine, knowing that we were there, that makes me feel good.
I am proud that we made the effort. I am humbled to know that I was in his presence.
Another memory to add to the beautiful life album that continues to grow in my head.
I ain't done yet, baby.
Not even close.

No comments:

Post a Comment