Friday, May 13, 2022

Connections

I love Peaky Blinders. I love Billions.

I should say I used to love Billions, now I just like it. I loved it because of Damian Lewis, who played Bobby Axelrod. He played a phenomenal villain. The epitamy of the soul-less, corporate billionaire. I fucking loved his character.

He left after season 5 because his wife was sick and he wanted to be with her. I did not know who his wife was.

Season 6 of Billions was like a psycho after a lobotomy. The intensity got turned way down. The guy who replaced Lewis - Corey Stoll, who plays Michael Prince - is kind of a good guy billionaire. He's got some evil in him but it is not over the top. He's more of an evil eunuch.

I was doing some Peaky Blinders research yesterday, trying to find out when season 7 will air.

It will not. Partly due to the fact that Helen McCrory, who played Polly Gray, died. Polly Gray was Thomas Shelby's aunt on the show.

Helen McCrory died of breast cancer on April 16, 2021 at her home in London. She was 52 years old.

And she was married to Damian Lewis.

I was blown away to find this out. I am probably the only human being on Planet Earth that didn't know Damian Lewis left Billions to be with his wife Helen McCrory from Peaky Blinders.

For some reason that connection disturbs me. Two people from two shows I love touched by tragedy. Two successful and talented people touched by the viciousness of life.

Could be the talent thing that disturbs me. 

I want all talented people to be immortal and all slugs to die. If life followed that blueprint, eventually the world would be filled up with creativity to the point that the slugs could not taint it.

The world would indeed be a beautiful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment