Sunday, May 29, 2022

Roland Garros

Been watching the French Open at Roland Garros.

In Paris. Who would not want to travel to Paris to watch professional tennis? Only an idiot. Or a Checkers devotee.

Experiencing tennis at this level must be mind blowing. I wouldn't know. I never have. I have come close, though. In my mind.

Every year the U.S. Open Tennis Championships are held in New York City, baby. Every year I think that I should attend. NYC is probably only 5 or 10 minutes from where I live. And I make so much money that ticket prices could not be an option. But I don't make it.

I cannot be sure, but I think that somebody has passed a law of Draconian harshness preventing me from ever leaving New Hampshire. I was not aware of this possibility when I moved here in 1986, but things change.......and never for the better.

Anyway, you are in Paris digging on exquisite tennis. What do you do after the match? Shit, man - you take in every historical and beautiful site that Paris has to offer. Are you fucking kidding me? History with a capitol H.

The Eiffel Tower, The Louvre (I would go fucking crazy in there), Cathedrale Notre-Dame de Paris, The Seine (left bank and right bank, Jesus man - do it right), Arc de Triomphe. And those are just appetizers.

Then there is exquisite French food, (of which I have never tasted), and fabulous restaurants. Put some effort in before you travel - hunker down and learn to speak French beyond a rudimentary kindergarten level. Then the waiters will not be able to shit on you.

The Quarter Finals are scheduled for Tuesday this week. I have to fucking work on Tuesday. The Semi-Finals are scheduled for Friday. I have to fucking work on Friday. 

Thank god the The Finals are scheduled for next Sunday. I don't have to work that day. But I do have to work on Saturday during the day so I will miss whatever action takes place.

Deal is I don't want to miss any of this action. But I have to. I fucking have to. (I could record it but I don't want to. Not the same).

Who the fuck makes these schedules? Who the fuck decided I should be working a menial job at the age of 68? A job that robs me of fun and passion. That sucks the life out of me surer than a vacuum cleaner hose attached to my lung.

Who made this decision? Oh yeah, right - I made this decision. Fucking me. And fuck me.

No comments:

Post a Comment