Monday, May 30, 2022

The Repercussions Get Louder

Rafael Nadal plays Novak Djokovic in the Quarter Finals at Roland Garros.

Tomorrow.

Are you fucking kidding me? I will be at work tomorrow. At work. I will miss this match. A dream fucking match.

Ironically, I don't typically work on Tuesdays, but it's New Season Kick-Off at CCA so I gotta be there.

Double fucked by fate.

I will be sitting at a desk answering moronic questions by stupid people - in person and on the phone -  about shows, about ticket prices, about venues, about seats, about every little thing you can think of and some you could never even imagine - repetitively, same questions over and over again - while these two titans of the game slug it out in spectacular fashion, most likely for 5 sets.

I might as well be dead.

Actually going to work is a temporary death every time I do it.

I am so fucking pissed off. Furious. I have been gobbling up the French Open for a week now, truly enjoying it, working my way up through the no-names to get to the big boys.

And here they are - Nadal vs Djokovic - and I will be working a job that a fifth grader could do.

Jesus Fucking Christ.

I will record this match, even though it goes against my grain. And watch it ASAP. I mean, I fucked myself by fucking up my life, putting me on the road to this moment. If I decide not to record it and the match turns out to be legendary, I will have double fucked myself.

It's bad enough that I am being double fucked by fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment